Fortinet’s Fortigate Next Generation Firewall (NGFW)
As a replacement for the traditional WAN, network engineering and operations leaders are moving to software-defined wide-area networks (SD-WAN). But many SD-WAN solutions lack robust security, which leads to greater risk exposure and higher total cost of ownership (TCO).
FortiGate NGFWs enable security-driven networking and provide industry-leading security capabilities such as an intrusion prevention system (IPS), web filtering, secure sockets layer (SSL) inspection, and automated threat protection. Fortinet NGFWs meet the performance needs of today’s distributed enterprise enabling organizations to reduce complexity and manage security risks.
FortiGate NGFWs are powered by artificial intelligence (AI)-driven FortiGuard Labs and deliver proactive threat protection with high-performance inspection of both clear-text and encrypted traffic (including the industry’s latest encryption standard TLS 1.3) to stay ahead of the rapidly expanding threat landscape.
FortiGate NGFWs inspect traffic as it enters and leaves the network. These inspections happen at an unparalleled speed, scale, and performance and prevent everything from ransomware to DDoS attacks, without degrading user experience or creating costly downtime.
FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls are available as a Hardware Appliance or Virtual Firewall for your core data-center. AireSpring offers multiple appliances from entry-level models suitable for the smaller enterprise, to more powerful and sophisticated appliances for large, multi-location enterprises that have demanding threat protection and performance requirements.
- Identifies thousands of applications inside network traffic for deep inspection and granular policy enforcement
- Protects against malware, exploits, and malicious websites in both encrypted and non-encrypted traffic
- Prevents and detects against known attacks using continuous threat intelligence from AI-powered FortiGuard Labs security services
Next Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- Reduce the complexity and maximize your ROI by integrating threat protection security capabilities into a single high-performance network security appliance, powered by Fortinet’s Security Processing Unit (SPU)
- Full visibility into users, devices, applications across the entire attack surface and consistent security policy enforcement irrespective of asset location
- Protect against network exploitable vulnerabilities with industry-validated IPS that offers low latency and optimized network performance
- Automatically block threats on decrypted traffic using the Industry’s highest SSL inspection performance, including the latest TLS 1.3 standard with mandated ciphers
- Proactively block newly discovered sophisticated attacks in real-time with AI-powered FortiGuard Labs and advanced threat protection services included in the Fortinet Security Fabric