The California Teleconnect Fund (CTF) provides qualified organizations a 50% discount on Internet access and select Digital Transmission services offered by AireSpring, Inc. in California. However, please be advised that CTF discounts on voice services will be discontinued as of 7/1/2019 per California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Decision 19-04-013. For more on this change and general program, information go to www.cpuc.ca.gov/ctf or contact CTFHelp@cpuc.ca.gov The application of actual discounts may vary for CTF participants who are eligible for federal E-rate discounts or who receive federal rural healthcare discounts.
AireSpring Services Eligible for CTF Discounts*
AireSpring services that are Eligible for CTF Discounts include the following categories as listed in the CTF List of Eligible services. These include:
- DS-1, DS-3
- Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN, BRI, PRI)
- T-1, T-3, Fractional T-1
- Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- In addition, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) is also eligible when used in conjunction with another CTF-eligible service.
- Internet Access – Support in this funding category is generally only available for basic conduit access to the Internet but is not available for content, equipment purchased by applicants, and services beyond basic conduit access to the Internet. Basic conduit access technologies include but are not limited to:
Get Started Now! Application Process for CTF Discounts.
Qualified organizations may receive applicable discounts on the AireSpring services listed below.
CTF customers must qualify under one of the following categories. Details of each category are posted on the California Teleconnect Website and at the links below:
- Public Schools [County District School Codes]
- Private Schools [County District School Codes]
- Community-Based Organizations
- Hospitals & Health Clinics
- California Community Colleges
- Application to Customer Accounts
Once a CTF customer has obtained the qualification and approval letter from the California Teleconnect Fund it should be forwarded to Regulatory@AireSpring.com so the discount can be applied to the account. A second copy should be provided to the customer’s service representative at AireSpring.
NOTE: CTF was established in 1996 by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and is solely funded by the California State Budget through an end-user surcharge on intrastate telecommunications services. CTF discounts are contingent on funds appropriated and available under the State Budget.
Cynthia “Cat” Firstman